I’m well aware that people are going to get sick & tired of hearing about it as I sound like a broken record, but it’s something that I feel very strongly about as it’s (still) happening far too often.
Yes, I’m talking about the problem/s with the so-called “medical experts” again.
Lately, it seems that every time I read the news, I’m coming across yet another story where someone in Australia has had their symptoms dismissed/misdiagnosed and have either passed away or will be soon because it’s now too late for treatment 😥
Erm, are we living in a 3rd world fucking country?
It’s complete and utter bullshit that someone can’t go to their doctor, or local hospital, and have their symptoms taken seriously – and ESPECIALLY when the symptoms have been ongoing.
The icing on the cake though – when the doctors start insinuating that it’s all in your head, or you must be stressed/anxious/depressed 🤬
So, am I just a hater on anybody who works in the medical field?
No, but some would say I should be!
I’ve had many medical whoopsies throughout the years, but the worst ones to date >
- a hysterectomy at 23 for non-existent endometriosis that turned out to be irritable bowel syndrome – whoops!
- stitched up my finger but forgot about the severed tendon – whoops!
- had to resort to doctor shopping (approx 9) before a lump was taken seriously – which turned out to be a tumour – whoops!
So yeah, I probably should be hating on anyone who works in the medical field, but I don’t.
Yes, I’ve been let down countless times by the “medical experts” – including the ones who dismissed me for the past 14+ years with the EDS – but I don’t believe in tainting everybody with the same brush that carries the mistakes made by others.
To be able to move forward, you have to let the past go❣
Now, I know there would be plenty of others out there in the world who have been misdiagnosed at one point or another, but if you haven’t – count your blessings 😊
So, with sounding like a broken record – once again >
If you or anyone you know is stuck in a diagnosis rut because the “medical experts” are not taking it seriously – DO.NOT.GIVE.UP!
Get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th opinion and please, PLEASE >
- Do not let them twist your mind and make you question your intuition.
- Do not let them dismiss you and/or your symptoms.
- Do not let them handball you to someone else just because they can’t be bothered.
- Do not let them beat you down mentally so you start to question your own sanity.
Nobody knows your body as well as you do so always act on gut instinct and keep on pushing until you get the answers.
Hugs / Peace Out! Essie ❣